Root Canals at Katy Dental Art
A Unique & Painless Approach to the Root Canal
Katy Dentist Dr. TJ Sahota of Dental Art is known for his mastery of painless root canal therapy. He has dedicated years of training to cultivate his quick and gentle root canal technique and is passionate about giving his patients the best dental experience of their life.
In this video, Dr. Sahota explains what a root canal is and why you have no reason to fear them at Dental Art:
Watch Video: “What is a Root Canal? Nothing to Fear at Dental Art in Katy!”
Are You Afraid of Getting a Root Canal?
Root canals have a reputation for hurting. In fact, just hearing the term can make people squirm. However, with modern technology and treatment, root canal therapy can be absolutely painless, and even… relaxing. Really! Dr. Sahota says that about 40% of his patients actually fall asleep during their root canal treatment.
How Does Dr. Sahota Perform Pain-Free Root Canals?
- Comfort & Amenities: At Dental Art in Katy, we do everything to make you as comfortable as possible. This includes complimentary drinks and snacks, comfy chairs, private entertainment systems and even supervising your children in our kids’ game room so you can relax during your visit.
- Anesthesia & Sedation: Dr. Sahota makes sure you are properly anesthetized, using a special technique, which quickly numbs the area so you won’t feel a thing. He takes extra care during this time to make sure you are perfectly comfortable and that there is no pain involved. He also offers a wide variety of sedation if you prefer to snooze while he works.
- Quick & Gentle Treatment: Once your mouth is perfectly numb, the actual root canal therapy can be done very quickly. The average time for a root canal treatment with Dr. Sahota is only about 45 minutes.
- Clean, Fill & Seal: Dr. Sahota will gently but thoroughly clean the interior chambers and “canal” of your infected or diseased tooth. He will disinfect the area with medicines to inhibit bacterial grown and replace this cavity with an ultra-strong composite filling material, resealing it to keep it clean.
- Final Restoration: Depending on the extent of the damage, a crown or other dental restoration may be placed in order to strengthen and rebuild your tooth to perfect form and function.
Think You Might Need a Root Canal?
Call us to schedule a Complimentary Root Canal Consultation with Dr. TJ Sahota.
Visit Dental Art in Katy for free, no-risk assessment of your oral health.
Root Canal Facts & FAQs
What is a Root Canal?
When a tooth is severely decayed or already dead, a root canal treatment is performed to help save the structure of the tooth and keep any infection from spreading to the rest of your mouth. Read more about the Root Canal Procedure.
How Do I Know If I Need One?
The root canal procedure, if performed early enough, can save existing tooth structure and prevent permanent damage to the bone and surrounding teeth. Therefore, it is important to identify and treat the infection as soon as possible. Make sure to check with your dentist if you have any signs of needing a root canal. Symptoms include a toothache or tooth pain, a darkening or discolored tooth, or extreme redness or swelling in the gums surrounding a tooth. Read more about Root Canal Symptoms.
Do Root Canals Hurt?
Actually, no. Skillful root canal therapy is not painful and should relieve any tooth pain or toothache you may be experiencing. It is important to remember that a root canal is a process of cleaning up dead and decayed tissue and filling the tooth with clean, disease-free material. Sometimes patients experience some pain after a root canal. At Dental Art, we send you home with tips and advice for pain-free root canal aftercare. Find out more about Root Canal Pain.
How Much Do Root Canals Cost?
The cost of a root canal can vary greatly. Cost factors include where the tooth is located (front tooth or a molar), whether the tooth is abscessed already, and what type of final restoration is needed. The average cost of a root canal at Dental Art in Katy is $400 – $500, not including the restoration. Learn more about Root Canal Cost.
Providing Painless Root Canals and Restorative Dentistry in Katy, TX, including Sugar Land, Rosenberg, Clear Lake, Tomball and Houston, Texas